Do you need to clean your oven, but don’t want to do it with extremely harsh chemicals that are strong enough to singe off your eyebrows? Here we’ll show you a safe and natural way to clean it!
Damp dish cloth
Plastic or silicone spatula
- Remove everything inside: Remove your oven racks, thermometer, and everything you have inside your oven.
- Make a baking soda solution: Mix a ½ a cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water in a small bowl until you get a consistent and spreadable paste.
- Coat your oven: Now you’re going to spread that paste inside your oven, but steer clear of the heating elements. You can use gloves if you want to be able to reach all the dirtiest spots without worrying about the dirt and grime. Try to cover all of the inside with the paste.
- Let it do its thing: Now let the paste do its work overnight, or for at least 12 hours.
- Clean the racks: While you’re waiting, it’s time to clean the racks.
- Wipe out the oven: After you’ve waited the 12 hours for the paste to work, take the damp dish cloth and wipe out the dried paste, as much as you can. If needed, use the spatula to help scrape of the paste.
- Spray a little vinegar: Now put some white vinegar inside your spray bottle and spray on top of any baking soda that’s still there. You’ll see that it will create a small foam.
- Do a final wipe down: Take the damp cloth once again and wipe out any remaining foam, repeating this until there’s no more baking soda residue, and keep adding more water or vinegar while you do that, and you’ll start to see your oven getting clean and shiny!
- Replace the attachments: Replace the racks and everything else you removed from inside, and that’s it!